Bulk Carrier Hold Neutralizer – RBM BilgeCoat
RBM BilgeCoat is an alkaline solution used for the bilge lines and bilge wells during sulphur voyages.RBM BilgeCoat offers great protection for bilges while hauling potentially corrosive cargos like sulphur. Its alkaline solution neutralizes acidic water created by the reaction of sulphur and water. Not only is it easier and safer for crews to use than other products, it’s eco-friendly too.
Features & Benefits
- Bilge protection against acidic water.
- Non harmful to the environment.
- Easier to use and safer than caustic soda flakes.
- One jug of RBM BilgeCoat concentrate, when mixed with water, makes 200 litres of BilgeCoat solution.
- Approx. 15 litres of BilgeCoat solution is poured down each sounding pipe, in each hold, prior to loading sulphur and after each flushing of the bilges during the voyage.
- RBM recommends 1 jug per hold, per week.